The iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus are completed with new features including the 3D Touch. Users can use 3D Touch to see previews, find useful shortcuts, and more.
Here are things you can do with the 3D Touch according to apple website:
- Get information about a location—directions, a phone number, and more—by pressing a pin in Maps.
- View the contents of a playlist in Music.
- Preview a webpage by pressing a Safari link within Safari or from an email message.
- Preview a specific note’s content within a list.
- Preview a video from a thumbnail.
- Make a Live Photo come to life.
- Access your default card, relevant pass, or last transaction by pressing Wallet on the Home screen.
- Get more information about movies, TV shows, and music videos in the Videos app.
- Learn how far you’ve read in a book in iBooks.
- Call, send a message to, or email a contact by pressing his or her phone number.
- View a location in Maps by pressing an address.
- See a list of recommended games by pressing Games in Game Center.
If you wish to change 3D Touch sensitivity, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > 3D Touch.
The 3D Touch on iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus gives you more ways to interact with your new iPhone. You can press to peek at images and documents. You can also display helpful options when pressing links, addresses, and phone numbers in email messages.
In checking Mail, you can press a message in the mailbox list for a peek at the message contents, then slide up to see a list of actions. You can also press a little deeper to pop the message open.
In checking Photos, you can press to peek at an image. You can then swipe up to share or copy it, or press a little deeper to pop the image to full screen. In order to get a Quick Actions menu, you can press the Camera icon on the Home screen, then choose Take Selfie.
You can also press a name in Messages, then choose to create an email message, make a voice or video call, or send a message.