Apple Watch Guide: How To Pair Apple Watch with iPhone. Apple Watch is now on sale with the first pre-orders arriving this week, on Friday. If you’re one of them, then you’ll probably want to be ready to begin using your new Watch as soon as possible. Please note that Apple Watch can only be paired to an iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus running 8.2.
How to Prepare your iPhone for pairing with your new Apple Watch
There are several steps needed to prepare your iPhone for pairing with your new Apple Watch.
1. You will need to have the latest version of iOS 8 to pair your Apple Watch to your iPhone. If you have iOS 8.2 or higher, then you’ll already have the Apple Watch app installed on your iPhone. If you haven’t upgraded your iPhone, you will need to install the update.
To install the update, go to General > Settings > Software Update on your iPhone if you’d like to install the update over the air. You can also install the update by connecting your iPhone to your Mac to update via iTunes.
2. Select Favorite Contacts. You can marked some important contacts to your favorites list. When you do this, they’ll show up on your Apple Watch after pairing.
3. Add Photos to Contacts. This will help you to more easily recognize callers. Adding a photo to a contact is easy when you’re inside of Edit mode for a contact card.
How To Pair Apple Watch with iPhone
When your iPhone has already got the latest version of iOS 8, it has Apple Watch app installed inside, meaning you are ready to enter the next step, which is pairing your Apple Watch with your iPhone.
Again, the Apple Watch can only be paired to an iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus running 8.2. There are two ways to pair your new Apple Watch with your iPhone. First, you can pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone using iPhone’s camera feature and second, you can pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone manually.
How to Pair Apple Watch with iPhone using iPhone’s camera feature
There are several things to do to pair your new Apple Watch with your iPhone using iPhone’s camera feature. Here are things to do it:
1. Launch the Apple Watch App on your iPhone
2, Tap “Start Pairing” on the screen
3. Hold Apple Watch up to your iPhone’s camera so the screen is in alignment with the yellow outlined box on your iPhone’s screen
4. Follow the on-screen instructions provided in the Apple Watch app
How to Pair Apple Watch with iPhone Manually
You can pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone manually things to do it:
1. Launch Apple Watch App on your iPhone.
2. Tap on Start Pairing on the main screen.
3. Tap on Pair Apple Watch Manually on iPhone
4. Tap i icon on Apple Watch
5. Tap on name that reflects on Apple Watch iPhone app from the list appears on the screen.
6. follow the instructions suggested in the Apple Watch app.