Galaxy S6 Edge+ Manual/How to Set Up Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ for the First Time
Have you got Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ on your hand? Congratulation! Now it’s time for you to set it up. It is simple and easy. It takes only a few minutes to set it up and you will soon ready to explore your new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+.
How to Set Up Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ for the First Time
1.First, you need to choose the language for your Galaxy S6 Edge+.
2. Choose the WiFi Network and sign in. It is important to get a WiFi network even if you have an active SIM in your phone. It will help you during the syncing data process.
3. Now you will enter User Licence Agreement page. check the box if you agree, or uncheck if you disagree. Then, tap next.
4. Next, you will go to TAP & GO page. This is a new feature in Android 5.0 Lollipop which allows you to transfer your account information from your old Android phone to your new Galaxy S6 Edge+ via NFC and Bluetooth, back-to-back. It helps you a lot since you don’t have to do this manually. You can skip the transfer process if you don’t have an old phone to transfer.
5. Google Account
Now you will go to Google Account setup. Enter your google account name.
6. Restore Apps
Now you will go to restore apps page where you can restore apps and data from a specific device you have had connected to your Google Account. Tap “Restore from this backup” and select the phone you want to restore from. Then choose “Also include” to select which apps to restore from that phone.
Or, tap “Set up as new device” and select “Next.”
7. Now you can set up a screen lock on your phone.
8. Next, you will go to google services page. There are two boxes to check. The first box is for backing up your information privately to Google’s servers while the second box is google location service. Check which one you want.
9. Next, you will enter Samsung account page. You can sign in with your samsung account if you have one. But if you don’t have a Samsung account, you can create it with new user name or your google id.
10. Now you will then enter the terms and condition page. Read the terms and check the box if you agree.
11. Now you will enter Back up and Sync page. You can check if you wish to.
12. Then, you will enter restore page. You can tap next if you wish to restore your back up data on your previous device.
13. Your Galaxy S6 Edge+ has S Vioce command which allows you to get the phone’s attention and give it commands without touching the phone. Simply say “Hi Galaxy” and repeat it multiple times to set it up.
14. You can add more security on your phone by adding your fingerprint. You can also use your fingerprint for authenticating in apps that support the sensor. Simply follow the on-screen prompts to put a finger on the home button multiple times at varying angles.
15. You will then go to easy mode page. You can enable easy mode and you can disable it as well.
16. My KNOX. You can choose to install My KNOX or not. KNOX helps lock down your sensitive data and separate it out from the rest of the phone.
Now your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ set up has completed and you are ready to enjoy your new phone.